Welcome to Barcelona's calendar of events for January 2024! This vibrant and culturally rich metropolis offers a multitude of activities and festivities to start the year in style. From the traditional Three Kings Parade to the unique Winter Nights experience at Casa Batlló, from block parties to flamenco shows, each event captures the essence of Barcelona. Whether you're an art lover, a history buff, a music lover, or simply looking for unique experiences, our calendar is packed with opportunities to explore and celebrate the diversity and beauty of this iconic city.
Some ideas for outings and events in Barcelona in January 2024
- Cavalcada de Reis 2024 - The Three Kings Parade (January 5). This vibrant and colorful parade takes place on January 5, starting at 6 p.m. on Avenida Marquès de l'Argentera. The "Cavalcada de Reis" is a Spanish and Catalan tradition celebrating Epiphany, also known as Three Kings' Day (or "Dia de Reis" in Catalan). It's a colorful procession that takes place on January 5 in many towns and villages in Catalonia, as well as in other regions of Spain. The event features the Three Wise Men - Melchior, Gaspard and Balthazar - who, according to Christian tradition, followed the star of Bethlehem to bring gifts to the Christ Child. The Three Wise Men are usually depicted in the procession riding on horseback, accompanied by their pages. Information on the Three Kings Parade.
- Casa Batlló Winter Nights: Discover the magic of Casa Batlló during winter nights. This event takes place every day from 6.30pm to 8.45pm and offers a unique opportunity to see one of Gaudí's masterpieces in a different light. Casa Batlló Tickets
- Els Llums de Sant Pau: from November 21, 2023 to January 14, 2024 every day from 6 to 9:30 pm, visit Sant Pau's Modernist Enclosure and its festive lighting. Your ticket at €12.60
- Festa dels Tres Tombs (January 17) Scheduled on January 17 at the Ronda Sant Pau, this festival honors Saint Anthony, the patron saint of animals, with a procession of horses and carriages through the streets of the city: Details on the Festa dels Tres Tombs.
- Ice skating rink at Placa de Catalunya - Enjoy ice skating at Placa de Catalunya, open until January 6. It's a particularly enjoyable winter activity for families and groups of friends: Information on the skating rink at Placa de Catalunya.
- La Castanyada - This traditional Catalan event, celebrated throughout January, includes chestnut roasting and sweets, available all over the city: Information on La Castanyada.
- All for 1 Euro - Toda a 1€ - Sunday 21st January 2024. Don't miss this second-hand clothing market... WHERE? At Nau Bostik, a former factory turned cultural centre in the Sagrera district. If you're a vintage fan, it's up to you. Evenbrite - Admission €3.
- Gran Gala Flamenco - On January 9, immerse yourself in the captivating world of flamenco, a passionate and expressive Spanish art: Gran Gala Flamenco.
- International Conference on Social Sciences, Humanities, Business and Management Studies (January 27-28) : Details on the International Conference
Wednesday 03 January 2024 - 11:26