The day-to-day news on the Covid restrictions and health measures in force in Barcelona and Catalonia.
In order to fight against coronavirus in Barcelona (Covid-19) measures are being taken on a daily basis by the Spanish government, Catalonia, and Barcelona City Council to contain the pandemic. On this page, we try to make these measures understandable to tourists or workers who wish or need to travel to Barcelona.
Our sources of information: If you have any doubts or questions, do not hesitate to visit these official websites:
- Barcelona City Council: Measures to fight against Covid-19
- Real-time data on the evolution of Covid-19 in Catalonia.
Our information is updated according to each new local or governmental decision.
Sanitary rules in Barcelona and Catalonia:
You must respect the following rules:
- No curfew and no health pass in force in Barcelona as in Catalonia.
- Meetings are no longer restricted.
- Masks must be worn on public transportation, i.e. in subway and train cars, on buses, in cabs, and on planes. It is also mandatory in health centers, hospitals, and pharmacies.
- It is no longer compulsory to wear a mask on the platforms or in passenger stations, in department stores, museums, and monuments.
Is it possible to go sightseeing in Barcelona or Catalonia?
Tourism is allowed in Barcelona since 9/05/2021. There is no longer any restriction limiting people's mobility within the Catalan territory, or limiting the entry to and exit from Catalonia.
Barcelona Coronavirus: What is open what is closed in Barcelona?
Are the hotels open in Barcelona?
Are restaurants and bars open in Barcelona?
- Restaurants and bars are open in Barcelona.
Discover Where to Eat in Barcelona?
Are the shops open in Barcelona?
- Stores and shopping centers are open..
Are museums and monuments open in Barcelona?
Monuments and museums are open. Barcelona.com will indicate at the time of booking whether or not tickets are available for the date chosen. Monuments such as Sagrada Família, Park Güell, and Camp Nou do not require any health documents to be visited at this time.
Are concert halls and nightclubs open in Barcelona?
- Concert halls in Barcelona are open.
- The nightclubs are open.
Are theaters and cinemas open?
Theaters and cinemas in Barcelona are open.
Are the beaches, parks and gardens open to the public?
Barcelona's beaches, parks and gardens are open until 8pm.
Is public transportation open?
Yes, public transportation in Barcelona is open. They operate at a normal pace to encourage social distancing. The Barcelona metro is closed from midnight to 5am.
What are the obligatory social distancing rules in Barcelona?
In order to slow down the spread of coronavirus in Barcelona it is mandatory or advisable to :
- Maintain a social distance of 2 meters from others.
- Wash your hands frequently (with soap and water or alcohol-based solutions).
- Wear a mask as often as possible. For anyone aged 6 years or older, masks must be worn in streets and public places or in any enclosed space used by or open to the public.
- Reduce daily social contact and avoid crowds.
- Consult a physician if symptoms consistent with COVID-19 infection are observed.
Prepare your trip to Spain:
- Find all the information about arrivals and departures at Barcelona airport. Which terminal is currently working?
- In Spain travel restrictions we explain which documents are required to travel to Spain: QR code and PCR test, vaccine, Covid Pass..
- In Covid Testing in Barcelona where to get a covid test near to you during your stay.
Thursday 26 November 2020 - 15:45