Travelling to Spain from the UK after Brexit for a holiday

What are the Spain entry requirements since Brexit?

Since Brexit, UK citizens need a valid passport that has been issued less than 10 years from the entry date in Spain and is valid for at least 3 months after departure from Spain.


UK citizens do not need a visa for stays up to 90 days during any 180 day period in Spain or other Schengen area countries, but they may be asked to show a return or onward transport ticket and sufficient financial resources to cover their stay.


The Spanish government defines sufficient financial resources as at least €868.50 per person for stays up to 9 days, and €96.50 per person per day for stays of 10 days or more. UK citizens are also advised to get their passport stamped when entering and exiting Spain or any Schengen area country to have proof of the time spent in the country.

>> We recommend you read the Foreign travel advice for Spain page for more details. 

>Additionally, UK citizens must meet the Spain COVID entry requirements


Passenger locator form UK to Spain

The Spanish locator form, also known as the "Spain Travel Health" or "Spain Health Control" form, is a document that travelers need to fill out before traveling to Spain, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic. 

>> Find here the Passenger locator form UK to Spain:



What are the Schengen area countries?

The Schengen Area is a group of 26 European countries that have abolished passports and other types of border control at their mutual borders. The 26 Schengen Area countries are:

Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland



Please note that while some countries are members of the European Union (EU), not all EU countries are part of the Schengen Area, and some non-EU countries are part of the Schengen Area. Additionally, some countries have special conditions or limitations regarding their participation in the Schengen Area.


Can I drive a car in Spain with my UK driving licence?

Yes, you can drive a car in Spain and in Barcelona with a UK driving licence, but there are some conditions to be aware of.

As of January 1, 2021, following the UK's departure from the EU, UK driving licences are no longer automatically recognized in the EU. However, Spain and the UK have reached an agreement that allows UK licence holders to continue driving in Spain with their current driving licence until December 31, 2021.

After that date, if you are a resident in Spain, you will need to exchange your UK driving licence for a Spanish licence, which involves taking a driving test. If you are a non-resident, you can continue to use your UK driving licence in Spain for short stays of up to 6 months in a year.

It's worth noting that if you are driving in Spain, you should always carry your driving licence, passport, and any other relevant documentation, such as insurance papers, with you at all times.

Last comment
Be the first to comment this page !
Please, click the [Add a new Comment] button below.
Add a new comment View comments
  1. Be the first to comment this page !
    Please, click the [Add a new Comment] button below.

Your comment has been recorded and will be published after moderation.


Getting around Barcelona

Our passes and tickets to get around Barcelona as easily and cheaply as possible.

Transport Pass Barcelona

Transport Pass

Aerobus + Unlimited Public Transportation

Ideal for your stay "Transport Pass" includes both the transfer by Aerobus to and from the airport and the Hola Card which gives unlimited access for 48, 72, 96, or 120 hours to public transport: metro, bus (TMB), urban trains (FGC, Zone 1), TRAM, regional trains..

From € 29.00
Hola Barcelona Public Transport Card

Hola Transport Card

Unlimited access to public transport

Enjoy unlimited access from 48 to 120 hours to Barcelona's public transport: Metro, bus (TMB), urban railway (FGC, Zone 1), Montjuïc funicular, tram (TRAM), regional railway (Rodalies de Cataluny) + 1 round trip from the airport to the city center. Only excluding NitBus, Aerobus & hop-on hop-off.

From € 19.50
Aerobus Tickets

Aerobus Tickets

Transfers from airport to centre and back

The Aerobus is a shuttle bus that takes you from El Prat Airport to city centre in 35 minutes. One departure every 5 minutes. 365 days a year! Online tickets, tips and infos!

From € 12.25
Barcelona Hop-On Hop-Off Bus tour

Barcelona Hop-On Hop-Off Bus

Best City Tour: One single ticket, 3 routes and 45 stops!

Discover city sightseeing at your own pace with our selection of Hop-On Hop-Off bus tour tickets. An extraordinary and economic way to make the first connection with main tourist attractions.

From € 31.00
  1. Be the first to comment this page !
    Please, click the [Add a new Comment] button below.

Your comment has been recorded and will be published after moderation.

flag-de flag-en flag-es flag-fr flag-it flag-pt logo-ba-white icon-avatar icon-facebook icon-instagram