Barcelona Airport El Prat
Barcelona Airport is located in the municipality of El Prat de Llobregat, a dozen kilometers southeast of Barcelona. It was that same commune that gave its name to the airport.
Barcelona airport code is BCN (AITA identification). It is the same abbreviation - BCN - that you will find on your plane ticket or even on your luggage ticket. Remember it!
This International Airport is the second largest airport in Spain after Madrid, with more than 44 million passengers per year (in 2017).
To avoid getting lost among these 44 million passengers, here is some valuable information to know before your trip:
The "Barcelona Pass" is a fantastic package that combines priority access to the Sagrada Familia, Parc Güell, and a ticket for the official Barcelona city Hop-On Hop-Off tourist bus. Book it Now!
Info Covid 19: transit, form, lockdown, PCR test, QR code, which terminal is currently working..
- Barcelona airport is open to all travelers without isolation measures.
- Wearing a mask is not mandatory.
- Terminal T1 and T2 are open.
- Remember that you should not go to the airport or travel if you have symptoms of illness. Failure to comply with health measures will result in the application of sanctions by the competent authorities.
- If you have to travel to or from the airport during a time period with mobility restrictions, it is important to keep your flight documents in order to justify your trip to the airport.
Shuttle buses between the terminals are again in use, as are all shops and catering services.
Mandatory documents to enter Spain via airports and ports
- In Spain travel restrictions we explain which documents are required to travel to Spain: QR code and PCR test, vaccine, Covid Pass...
- In Covid Testing in Barcelona where to get a covid test near to you during your stay.
More information about the pandemic in Barcelona:
- In Barcelona Coronavirus find the news, from day to day, on the restrictions and sanitary measures in force, including what is open and what is closed in Barcelona and Catalonia.
How many terminals does Barcelona airport have?
There are two terminals at Barcelona airport: T1 and T2.
The T1 is the newest terminal, opened in 2009 it is the main terminal. The T2 groups the former terminals A, B, and C under the abbreviations T2a, T2b, and T2c. It is very easy to walk between terminals T2a, T2b and T2c. But you'll have to take a shuttle between the T1 and T2, a shuttle which passes every 5 minutes!
Your arrival and departure will take place at the same terminal, either Terminal 1 (T1) or Terminal 2 (T2), with the airlines assigned to a single terminal.
Below is a list of airlines by terminal. We advise you to remember your arrival terminal, information that will be important to know for your return to the airport when you transfer from the centre of Barcelona, especially knowing that the bus stops are not the same.
BARCELONA AIRPORT MAP: the map of the two terminals T1 and T2
Arrivals and departures from Barcelona Airport - T1 Terminal
Useful: follow the flights directly on arrival and departure from the T1 terminal by clicking on these links, you will be able to discover the flight schedules of the day as well as any delays: Arrivals T1 / Departures T1
Airlines arriving and departing from Terminal T1 at Barcelona airport:
Aegean Airlines, Aeroflot, Aerolíneas Argentinas, Air Algerie, Air Baltic, Air Canada Rouge, Air China, Air Europa, Air France, Air Nostrum, American Airlines, Arkia Israeli Airlines, Austrian Airlines, Avianca
BA Cityflyer, British Airways, Brussels Airlines
Croatia Airlines, Czech Airlines
Delta Air Lines
EgyptAir, El Al Israel Airlines, Emirates
ITA (Italia Trasporto Aereo SpA)
KLM, Korean Air
LATAM Airlines, LEVEL, LOT Polish Airlines, Lufthansa
Royal Air Maroc, Royal Jordanian
SAS Scandinavian Airlines, Singapore Airlines, SmartWings, Swiss International Airlines, S7 Airlines
TAP Air Portugal, Tarom, Tunisair, Turkish Airlines
Ukraine International Airlines, United Airlines
Among the questions you often ask us: Which terminal for Vueling in Barcelona airport? Which terminal is Emirates in Barcelona? Well, the answer is the T1 terminal for both airlines for arrival as well as for departure.
Arrivals and departures from Barcelona Airport - T2 Terminal
Useful: follow the flights directly on arrival and departure from the T2 terminal by clicking on these links, you will be able to discover the flight schedules of the day as well as any delays: Arrivals T2 / Departures T2
Airlines arriving and departing from Terminal T2 at Barcelona airport:
Aer Lingus, Air Arabia Maroc, Air Moldova, Air Transat, Azur Air, Azur Air Ukraine
Belavia, Blue Air, Bulgaria Air
Easyjet, Easyjet Switzerland, Eurowings, Evelop
Pakistan International Airlines, Pegasus Airlines
Red Wings Airlines, Ryanair
Transavia.com, Travel Service, TUI fly Belgium
Westjet, Wizz Air, WOW air
Among the questions, you often ask us: Which Barcelona terminal for Ryanair? or Which Barcelona terminal for Easyjet? Well, the answer is the T2 terminal for these two airlines, which are very popular among foreign passengers.
More info at Aena website
You may also be interested :
- Your plane leaves Barcelona airport very early? Travelers in transit? Here are some tips and information to easily book your hotel at Barcelona Airport Hotels!
- All transfers including the Aerobus shuttle bus to the centre of Barcelona or back to Barcelona airport from the city centre.
- Barcelona airport arrivals and departures
- Barcelona airport covid test
- Barcelona airport parking
- Car Hire Barcelona airport
- Barcelona Girona Airport
- Barcelona Reus Airport