Montserrat, Torres Wine Cellars & Sitges
Discover one of the most mystic Catalan wonders and visit Montserrat.
- Discover the significant history of Montserrat and enjoy the amazing views.
- See the Black Madonna popularly known as La Moreneta, located in the Basilica of Montserrat.
- Torres Winery is a family owned business with presence in more than 150 countries worldwide. They are wine experts.
- Enjoy the views of the coastline in Sitges.
Why you should go ?
Discover one of the most mystic Catalan wonders and visit Montserrat. See the Black Madonna, enter the audiovisual exhibition and taste typical liquors. Learn about the art of winemaking at the family owned Torres Wine Cellars, see the vineyards and enjoy a wine tasting. Explore the quaint village of Sitges and stroll through its Mediterranean style streets on a walking guided tour.
Board a coach from our office in central Barcelona to the magical mountain of Montserrat. Famous for its peculiar morphology, its name comes from the Catalan words Mont (mountain) and Serrat (serrated). World-famous for its rocky geography, Montserrat beautiful scenery was declared National Park in 1987 to protect its natural and cultural wealth.
Follow your local guide through the site and learn about the history and architectural style of the Monastery. A community of 80 monks currently lives and follow the rule of Saint Benedict in Montserrat. Fall in love with the Gothic and Renaissance details of the basilica and sanctuary. Learn about the legend of the miraculous apparition of the Madonna and Child in the cave of Santa Cova. To this day their wood carving is kept in the Church of the monastery, which you will be able to visit. The figure is popularly known as La Moreneta (The Black Madonna) as a result of a varnish reaction.
Besides the main area, there are a great number of small churches and trails you can follow. You will be given free time to taste the finest liquors, shop for locally produced treats or visit the audio visual exhibition once the guided tour finishes.
Meet your guide back again and leave for the prestigious wineries of the Torres family. Discover the secrets of fascinating world and enjoy a wine tasting paired with an Iberian Ham tapa.
If you added the lunch option to your reservation, relish on a gastronomic menu paired with wine. If you did not, enjoy the free time exploring the vineyard and grab a bite at the restaurant. After lunch, have a guided tour of the vineyard and the winery. See the new space where the iconic wine of the family (Mas La Plana) is made and access the exclusive Waltraud winery, used for the maturation of their most iconic wine.
Then, sit back on the journey to Sitges. This fisherman’s village is one of the most beautiful towns of the Catalan coast. See its narrow streets, beautiful beaches and vibrant cultural life. Follow your guide for a walking tour of this quaint town and learn about its history. Enjoy the free time provided and explore the streets on your own.
- Transportation on an air conditioned coach.
- Tour operated in both Spanish and English.
- Radio guide system.
- Local guide.
- Walking tour in Sitges.
- Admission and tour in Torres Wine Cellars. Wine tasting with pairing.
- Taste of 4 typical liquors of the area in Montserrat.
- Entrance to the audio visual exhibition in Montserrat “Espai Audio visual Montserrat”.
- Exhibition based on three fundamental pillars: the mountain, the monastery and the sanctuary.
- Food and drinks, unless specified.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off.
- A dress code is required to enter to the Basilica in Montserrat. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. No flip flops permitted.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Please note: Radio guide system is offered to groups of more than 5 people.
- Please note this is a walking tour on arrival at the site. Wear appropriate attire.
- No shows will not be refunded.
- Duration: 5 and a half hours (transportation included).
- Please check the schedule for the facilities you wish to visit at the site.
- Please remember to request a change in the regular menu in the event of food intolerances or diet requirements when making your booking. Please wait for confirmation. If we are not notified in advance, the company will hold no responsibility for not being able to accommodate your needs.
Why buy from us ?
We work, live and breathe in Barcelona and no other city. That's why we offer :
- best prices
- best rated city tours and tickets!