Girona AM Game of Thrones City + Artistic PM: The Best of Gaudí
Discover Girona, one of the most beautiful medieval cities in Catalonia.
- Admire the details of the different façades of the Sagrada Familia and its extensive symbolism.
- Explore Park Güell on a guided tour and be amazed at Gaudís’ amazing skills.
- See the Cathedral of Santa Maria Girona. Of Gothic style, it has the widest nave in the world.
- Stroll through the cobbled streets of the Jewish Quarter in Girona, one of the best preserved ones in Europe. Marvel at the endless number of details of its narrow streets.
Why you should go ?
Discover Girona, one of the most beautiful medieval cities in Catalonia. Take a walking tour of its Old Town and Jewish Quarter, see the Cathedral and the old city walls. Explore it on your own during the free time. Visit Park Güell with a guide and learn about the secrets it hides. Admire Gaudí’s most important buildings and marvel at his artistic skills.
Leave our office in central Barcelona on an air-conditioned coach. Sit back and relax on the journey to one of the most beautiful cities of Catalonia. After a 1-and-a-half-hour drive on the highway, you will arrive to Girona.
On arrival, follow your guide to the city center for a two-hour walking tour. Discover the Old Town and learn about some of the myths and legends related to the city. Stroll down la Rambla, see some of the most important plazas of Girona and explore its winding alleys. Will you recognize the construction by Eiffel near the Onyar Houses above the river?
See some of the locations where the HBO hit series Game of Thrones filmed many scenes of its sixth season. Admire the exterior of the magnificent Cathedral (SPOILER ALERT!) destroyed on the TV series. Walk along a part of the city medieval walls and marvel at the amazing views of the old town. Originally built in the XIV century, the old walls were destroyed to expand the city in the XIX century. Today, due to the reconstruction of the missing parts it is possible to walk along them.
Take advantage of the free time you will be given after the guided tour and visit the Cathedral on your own or grab a quick bite to eat.
Check in back again at our office in central Barcelona 15 minutes before the starting time of the afternoon activity. Meet your guide and come aboard an air conditioned coach towards Sagrada Familia.
Enjoy a panoramic tour of the exterior of the Sagrada Familia. Marvel at the extensive symbolism of its façade details. Board your bus back again for a short trip to the Park Güell, located in the upper part of the city. Enjoy a guided tour of the Park with your local guide and discover why it is one of the most emblematic works by Gaudí. Wonder at the magnificent skills of Gaudí and its organic style, displayed all over the park. Did you know the Park is a World Heritage Site by UNESCO?
Follow your guide and board the coach again for a short trip to Passeig de Gràcia, the most important street in the city. Stroll down the same admiring the many modernist buildings, learn about their history and significance. Stop in front of La Pedrera and at Casa Batlló, marvel at Gaudí’s abilities and enjoy the explanations of your guide.
AFTERNOON TOUR – PLEASE NOTE
- Check in at the Julià Travel office in Balmes Street nº5 is at 3.15PM.
- Transportation on an air conditioned coach.
- Local guide.
- Tour operated in both Spanish and English.
- Radio guide system.
- Admission to Park Güell.
- Food and drinks, unless specified.
- Hotel pick up and drop off.
- Admission to Girona’s Cathedral.
- Entrances to Sagrada Família, Casa Milà “La Pedrera” and Casa Batlló.
- Please note: Radio guide system is offered to groups of more than 5 people.
- The duration of the tour includes transportation.
- Please note this activity includes walking long distances. Wear appropriate attire.
- Julià Travel reserves the right to change the itinerary or cancel the tour due to events being celebrated in the city or force majeure reasons.
Why buy from us ?
We work, live and breathe in Barcelona and no other city. That's why we offer :
- best prices
- best rated city tours and tickets!