We are convinced that to be familiar with a country you have to know its cuisine and it is certainly not you who will disagree with us. We also think that to know the typicity of a cuisine it is not enough to go to its best restaurants. Cooking is above all a technique that one must learn to understand its subtleties. Introducing you to Catalan and Spanish cuisine is the subject of this page dedicated to the best cooking classes we have selected for you in Barcelona.
The same creative craziness behind the stoves as in architecture!
If you want to understand Catalan cuisine, a parallel is immediately obvious. We know Gaudi's creative genius: Sagrada Familia, the Casa Batllo, the Pedrera: the apogee of Catalan Art Nouveau. The story is similar for Catalan cuisine. As a leader, Ferran Adrià has transformed Catalan and world cuisine. His "New Cuisine" or "molecular cuisine” has transformed the way we taste, smell and eat. The best chef in the world, in his restaurant El Bulli, has launched a revolution that many other chefs have since followed to make Barcelona one of the most foodie cities in the world. More than 20 starred chefs and as many restaurants to name but a few: Alkimia, Moments, Caelis, ABac, Lasarte, Cinc Sentits, Roca Moo, Dos Palillos, Gaig..
Your turn to learn Spanish cuisine:
Barcelona has a wide range of cooking courses and culinary schools. Whether you are a beginner, expert or professional looking for training. There are all types of training courses from the simplest to the most technical. For travellers most lessons take place over a few hours or a day and often in the city centre, for example near the famous Boqueria market - which simplifies your organisation. Choosing your cooking course will depend on your aspirations - types of cuisine, types of dishes, to be enjoyed with the family or for important occasions. Also think about your budget, a factor not to be neglected for this kind of tour.
Sign up for unforgettable Barcelona cooking classes. We selected for you Barcelona's Most Exciting, Innovative Cooking Experiences and Culinary Classes:
- Cooking school with bilingual english speaking Chef.
- Learn traditional Spanish cooking and Catalan cooking.
- Classes are designed for novice as well as accomplished cooks.
- Your skill level will be taken in consideration.
- The cooking class is fun, social and everyone will be participating in the preparation of the various dishes under the thoughtful guidance of your chef instructor.
- Learn, from a professional Chef, how to choose and buy local, seasonal and fresh ingredients.
- Cooking classes includes : wine tasting, walking tour, food tours..
- Discover la Boqueria market, the most famous market of Barcelona or other food markets in the city.
Our most popular cooking classes combined:
- Prepare a four course menu with classic paella, starter soup, appetizer and dessert.
- Menu is frequently updated to include local seasonal ingredients.
- Visit La Boqueria market with your chef.
- During this 'behind the scenes' Boqueria guided tour, you will meet many vendors, some of whom have been there for generations.
- Learn how to select best local products that will be used later in the cooking class.
- Hands on cooking class
- Premium Rioja red and Galician white wines are served while you enjoy the meal you just prepared.