Catalan Cultural Experience: Wine Cellar, Guided Visit & “Castellers”
Dive into Catalan culture on this tour to Vilafranca del Penedés, the wine capital of Catalonia
- Castellers: experience the emotion of this ancient tradition and show of human towers.
- Penedés region: discover the most important wine region in Catalonia, holding 11 appellations.
- Learn about Catalan culture and folklore and marvel at the beautiful landscapes of this region.
Why you should go ?
Dive into Catalan culture on this tour to Vilafranca del Penedés, the wine capital of Catalonia. Visit Pinord Wine Cellar and enjoy a tasting of their wines. Enter the Castellers world and discover all the secrets of this unique tradition. See a live rehearsal and join in!
Join us in this unforgettable experience. Leave our office in central Barcelona on an air-conditioned coach. Sit back and relax on the journey to Vilafranca del Penedés.
Visit the family owned Pinord winery with an oenology expert. With over a hundred years’ experience, they produce both wine and cava (sparkling wine). Nowadays they still use traditional techniques to produce their wines, famous worldwide. Recently, they have extended their range of products and now have new organic wines. Learn about the new farming procedures to create those products. After the guided tour enjoy a tasting of their amazing wines. Did you know that Vilafranca del Penedés is the wine capital of Catalonia?
Next, head to the location where the most famous Castellers group practices. Enter the headquarters of the most important castellers group of the area and discover the secrets of this unique tradition in the world. A true casteller* will give you a tour of the place. If you have included the option to your booking, it is now time to savor a delicious tapas menu based on local food. Later, enjoy a live rehearsal of the group and see the brave children whilst they climb to the top. Dare to join in!
*A casteller is someone who participates in the art of making human towers.
- Transportation on an air conditioned coach.
- Tour operated in both Spanish and English.
- Radio guide system.
- Expert guide in oenology.
- Guided tour at Pinord Winery and taste 1 of their wines.
- Guided tour in Cal Figarot with a casteller.
- Castellers rehearsal. Possibility to join in.
- Food and drinks, unless specified.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off.
- Dinner (optional)
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Please note: Radio guide system is offered to groups of more than 5 people.
- Please note this is a walking tour on arrival at the site. Wear appropriate attire.
- No shows will not be refunded.
- The duration of the tour includes transportation.
- Please remember to request changes to the regular menu due to food intolerances when making your reservation. Please wait for confirmation. If we are not notified in advance, the company is not responsible for not being able to accommodate your requirements.
Why buy from us ?
We work, live and breathe in Barcelona and no other city. That's why we offer :
- best prices
- best rated city tours and tickets!