Casa Vicens and Guided Tours to Park Güell and Sagrada Familia
Learn about the works of Gaudí from his origins to the most famous and emblematic buildings.
Why you should go ?
Learn about the works of Gaudí from his origins to the most famous and emblematic buildings. Visit Casa Vicens, the first project of the architect in Barcelona. Head to Park Guell and enjoy the amazing views over the city. Enter Sagrada Familia and wonder at the building decorations and symbolism. Admire the genius mastery and make sure not to miss out any details!
Today you will visit three works that can be classified into three different architectural purposes: domestic, urban and religious. The tour “Gaudí from his Origins” is the best way to learn about Antoni Gaudí and to see his artistic evolution. Check in for the activity at least 15 minutes before the departure time at Casa Vicens. Meet your guide for the tour.
Casa Vicens: The house built between 1883 and 1888 was once located in an independent town from Barcelona. However, during the industrial revolution the city expanded and the walls were demolished. As a result, the original city united to surrounding villages. Today, the house is located on the Gracia neighborhood.
The landmark opens its doors earlier only for us. Enjoy an early guided visit and avoid the crowds. Casa Vicens was Gaudí’s first important project. Thus, you will be able to see huge differences with his most well-known works. Rooms with oriental details and Mudejar style dominate the site. Nonetheless, the artistic quality of the building does not fall far from his other works. It is the eight building listed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in Barcelona. After the visit, your guide will accompany you to the coach to continue with the tour.
Park Güell: An experienced guide will pick you up after check in and you will enter the venue together. Remember to check in 15 minutes before the start of the activity.
As one of the most important works by Antoni Gaudí, the park is set in a unique area with amazing views over the city. Declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1984, discover how the original project of Gaudí changed to build the current public park. Walk around the Monumental area of the park following your guide. Wander at Gaudí’s mastery and see how he created a naturalistic and organic style, achieving a perfect fusion between architecture and nature.
Sagrada Familia: Enter the monument and discover the ultimate must-see landmark in Barcelona. Learn about the history and significance of Sagrada Familia by the hand of your local guide. Marvel at the astonishing interior, rich in symbolism inspired on natural wonders. Walk freely around the nave whilst listening to your guide’s explanations of Gaudí’s masterpiece on your headsets. Take in all the details of the perfect fusion between architecture and spirituality. Tour the outside façades and wonder at the magnificence of details. Will you miss it out?
When the tour finishes you will be able to visit the museum. Enjoy an exhibition of drawings, plaster models and pictures about the construction development of the building from its origins. The museum will also provide valuable information about Gaudí’s life and career.
Optional tower access: At the end of the tour, your guide will take you to the elevator entrance for you to go up one of the towers by yourself. Admire the panoramic views over Barcelona.
- Local guide.
- Monolingual tour in English.
- Radio guide system.
- Admission to Casa Vicens, admission to Park Güell and admission to the Basilica of the Sagrada Familia. Elevator ticket for one tower at Sagrada Familia (if option selected).
- Transportation on air conditioned motor coach.
- Transfer from Casa Vicens to Park Guell.
- Transfer from Park Güell to Sagrada Familia.
- Food and drinks, unless specified.
- Hotel pick up and drop off.
- Important information to parents/guardians: Sagrada Familia does not provide radio guide systems to minors under 10 years (those included). Your guide will provide you with the needed devices for you all to enjoy a guided tour.
- Please note: Radio guide system in Sagrada Familia is offered to groups of more than 9 people.
- Please note: Radio guide system in Park Güell is offered to groups of more than 5 people.
- No shows will not be refunded
- Please note this is a walking tour. Wear appropriate attire.
- Transportation is included on the duration of the tour.
- Due to security checks held by Sagrada Familia, waiting times to access the venue may be longer on some days. No refunds will be provided.
- Children under age 6, unaccompanied children from 7 to 17, people with reduced mobility, those who suffer from vertigo or cardiovascular diseases are not allowed to go up the towers in Sagrada Familia.
- Please note you will have to walk down the stairs from the tower. You will visit the tower without your guide.
- Sagrada Familia reserves the right to close the access to the towers due to weather conditions or other force majeure causes without prior notice.
- The Sagrada Familia is a Catholic church; a dress code is required to enter to the venue.
- Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women.
- Visitors cannot enter barefoot. No flip flops permitted.
- No hats are allowed inside the nave or the museum except for religious, health or belief-related reasons.
- No see-through clothing permitted.
- Access with plunging necklines, exposed backs or bellies is not permitted.
Why buy from us ?
We work, live and breathe in Barcelona and no other city. That's why we offer :
- best prices
- best rated city tours and tickets!