Barcelona Full Day: Highlights AM + Artistic PM: The Best of Gaudí
Discover the highlights and some of the most important modernist buildings in Barcelona
- Admire the details of the different façades of the Sagrada Familia and its extensive symbolism.
- Explore Park Güell on a guided tour and be amazed at Gaudís’ amazing skills.
- Walk along Paseo de Gracia, see La Pedrera and Casa Batlló, reflections of Gaudís’ incredible imagination.
Why you should go ?
Discover the highlights of Barcelona and some of the most important modernist buildings in Barcelona on a single day. Enjoy a walking tour of the Gothic Quarter and enter the beautiful Cathedral of Barcelona. Take a panoramic tour through the city and visit the Montjuïc Castle. Explore Park Güell with a local guide and learn about all the secrets it hides. Admire Gaudís’ most important buildings and marvel at his artistic skills.
Check in at our office in central Barcelona 15 minutes before the departure time of the tour. Meet your guide.
For the first part of the activity, enjoy a walking tour of the Gothic Quarter. Stroll down one of the most important streets in the city until you reach the Cathedral of Barcelona. You will have some free time to visit the same on your own. Meet your guide again to continue the walking tour. Walk the narrow streets of the oldest part of the city and discover the many secrets it holds. Marvel at the quaint medieval places hidden to the crowds and learn about their huge historical significance. Did you know the Gothic Quarter is also the Old Jewish Quarter of Barcelona?
Follow your guide to Plaça Catalunya to board an air conditioned coach for a panoramic tour through the city. Drive through Passeig de Gràcia and admire the most popular Gaudi Houses, Casa Batlló and Casa Milà (La Pedrera). Notice some the most important modernist façades. Next, listen to your guide’s explanations as we drive near the sea. Discover the changes to the coastline of Barcelona for the Olympic Games in 1992. See the Olympic Port, the beach and the fisherman’s quarter from the bus, called Barceloneta.
Head to the Montjuïc Mountain, main scenery of the Olympic Games in 1992. See the Olympic stadium and ride the cable car for amazing views over the city. Visit the Montjuïc Castle for a guided visit of the oldest fortress in the city, today a fantastic viewpoint of Barcelona. You guide will drop you off in front of the Hard Rock Café in Catalunya Square.
Check in back again at our office in central Barcelona 15 minutes before the starting time of the afternoon activity. Meet your guide and come aboard an air conditioned coach towards Sagrada Familia.
Enjoy a panoramic tour of the exterior of the Sagrada Familia. Marvel at the extensive symbolism of its façade details. Board your bus back again for a short trip to the Park Güell, located in the upper part of the city. Enjoy a guided tour of the Park with your local guide and discover why it is one of the most emblematic works by Gaudí. Wonder at the magnificent skills of Gaudí and its organic style, displayed all over the park. Did you know the Park is a World Heritage Site by UNESCO?
Follow your guide and board the coach again for a short trip to Passeig de Gràcia, the most important street in the city. Stroll down the same admiring the many modernist buildings, learn about their history and significance. Stop in front of La Pedrera and at Casa Batlló, marvel at Gaudí’s abilities and enjoy the explanations of your guide.
AFTERNOON TOUR – PLEASE NOTE
- From April 1st to October 31st departure is at 3.30PM, check in at the office in Balmes Street nº5 is at 3.15PM.
- From November 1st to March 25th departure is at 2.30PM, check in at the office in Balmes Street nº5 is at 2.15PM.
- Transportation on an air conditioned coach.
- Local guide.
- Tour operated in both Spanish and English.
- Radio guide system.
- Entrance to Montjuïc Castle.
- Entrance to the Cathedral of Barcelona.
- Montjuïc cable car ride.
- Admission to Park Güell.
- Food and drinks, unless specified.
- Hotel pick up and drop off.
- Admission to Sagrada Familia, Casa Milà (La Pedrera) and Casa Batlló.
- From the end of January to the beginning of March the cable car is under maintenance (days to concrete). The service will be replaced by an appetizer at the Montjuïc Castle.
- Please note: Radio guide system is offered to groups of more than 5 people.
- The duration of the tour includes transportation.
- Please note this tour includes about 4 hours of walking. Please wear appropriate attire.
- Julià Travel reserves the right to change the itinerary or cancel the tour due to events being celebrated in the city or force majeure reasons.
- You have approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes of free time for lunch (not included) between both parts of the excursion.
Why buy from us ?
We work, live and breathe in Barcelona and no other city. That's why we offer :
- best prices
- best rated city tours and tickets!